Welcome

THEME FOR 2020-2021 "God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalm 73:26

WELCOME TO OUR FIRST GRADE BLOG SPOT!

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

100th Day!

We started out the day with a devotion by 8th grader Dylan S.  We learned our Bible story, The Walls of Jericho Come Down.  Read  9A to review.  The memory treasure is Ps 119:105   Your  word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.

Next we did some creative thinking, art and writing for our 100 creations.  They hang in the hallway. A  photo is included below.

Math:  We filled our 100 charts with our 100 items and counted by 2, 5, 10s and 25s.  What fun to walk silently around our 100 Museum and see what others brought.  We even wrote down our 5 favorites (see the sheet).  The kids also made 10 caterpillars with 10 dots in each.  Fun!

We read Fancy Nancy's 100th Day of School and more in our Little House book.  Pa thought a tree stump was a bear on his journey home.

Reading:  Read the 100 Day poems and return them to school.  We also wrote 100 words as a way to review our year's spelling words and pattern words.  Way to go first grade!!!  Of course, we had to celebrate with a 100 treat when we were done.

Book bags stayed at school.  Please let me know if I am sending too much homework.  I don't want nights to be a burden, but I also want to develop great readers.




No comments:

Post a Comment