Welcome

THEME FOR 2020-2021 "God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalm 73:26

WELCOME TO OUR FIRST GRADE BLOG SPOT!

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Thursday

We had a great day in first grade.  I have been using the digital timer on the SmartBoard some.  The kids love it.  They stay focused and get their work done in a timely manner.  It worked wonders as we studied our new doubles plus one flashcards today.

Bible:  Review of Fall of Jericho.  The kids remembered so many details. Memory Treasures were recited.  I think lots of kids forgot to study!

Reading:  We read our first story in our new Superkids book.  Read "In Case of Rain" tonight. I told the class, "You may even do one of those projects."

Math:  We did lesson 78, practiced facts and enjoyed one math station.  See the Weekly Note for a list of our new stations.

Writing:  I modeled a story today with 3 supporting details.  We also added explanations and details to my boring first draft.  Tomorrow the kids will write a story with 3 supporting details using the works first, next and last.

Many kids chose to go sledding for 2 recesses.  



No comments:

Post a Comment